Monday 10 October 2011

So, what did I choose...Courteous

....right or wrong; you be the judge, but I did make a quick assessment and went into this quandary with some thought!  I had a plan evolving for how I was going to make my decision work in the bigger picture!

So, as I said, in the name of gratuity and being neighbourly, I accepted the offer of a piece of cheesecake, and yes, on top of the copious calories already consumed!

Ah but now, before you pass your judgement, here was my assessment, my plan and the actions I proceeded with post this little sweet succumbing.

My thoughts were moving towards, 'this is not just a piece of cheesecake, it is symbolic', it had labels all over it.  So, I accepted the cheesecake, but was hovering doing a birds-eye view at the cutting.  I gave strict instruction as to where the knife needed to be placed and it's line to cut.  I ensured I gave myself a small sliver and chose more strawberries than sauce to accompany it.  Perfect little sweet on a plate.

Now, my plan in term's of the 12 week Body Transformation program, I remembered that in the weekly planning of meals, Michelle always allocates a 'free meal' for a Saturday night.  It occurred to me that I hadn't actually used mine the night prior.  Bingo!!  I decided this lunch would be my 'free meal'.  Somewhat more calories than what I would have liked, but this is where the plan continued and actions decided.

I spent the rest of the afternoon consuming just water, no 'snacks' and made a very low calorie choice for the evening meal, a Tuna Salad with no dressing.  So calories and meal planning revised, next was to add some exercise into the mix.  I went for an evening run, burning 300 calories and then the following day, I did an additional workout to what is my standard Monday routine.

Now, the moment of truth be revealed, how did all my plans and actions stack up.  This morning I stood on those scary scales and pleasantly discovered there is still a weight loss showing.  I can happily say that I believe now I made the right decision at the time simply because I then thought it through and planned around it.  I didn't allow a 'guilty conscious' to take hold.  I stood by my choice, and rather than be the 'victim' I planned for the balance, the 'action - reaction' binaries.

Pretentious or not, Pat on the back to me I think, this was a personal lesson this week, and I think I passed!






1 comment:

  1. I would have done the same as you (eating some cheesecake to be polite) but I'm not sure I would have been as good as you at making the plan afterwards to deal with it. Well done!!

    ReplyDelete