Thursday 6 October 2011

"Hello Lover!"

Oh lover...dear lover, how long ago it was that we parted. A parting that was so necessary, yet so sudden. I never appreciated how long it would be before we would finally meet again. How long before I would lay my eye's on you once more, feel your softness on my skin, my curves feel the touch and caress of you.

I have spent so many months, days, hours, yearning for you. Our past 12 months apart have been like an eternity. I had put you out of my sight, but you were never far from my mind. I remember the admiring glances I would give you. There are so many memories of our times shared as we were rarely parted. I trusted in you, felt comfort in you and how you played your part of my ever faithful and dependable companion. You were the one I would turn to on my high days and my low days. I could dance with you, curl up on the couch with you. Nothing was ever out of the question, you were always there for me.

Oh denim, sweet denim jeans. My seeing you again today made my heart skip a beat! Dusting you off and laying you out simply filled my heart with excitement and fear. Oh how the angels sang in that moment, that moment I felt your zip close, so bitter sweet! Finally, awareness of shedding a few necessary layers!

You see I love you for all that you are, for all that you were and for all that you mean in this wonderful milestone moment at this time in my life. You see sweet denim jeans, you have been my goal for this fitness lifestyle experience in my life. My desire for an accomplishment, a hurdle for stepping towards 'self discipline and dedication'.

Now I will declare to you that in these past 12 months, you have never been far from mind, just in this past fortnight, you have been my inspiration. Today, I have met you again, I have felt you and I have concurred you!

But, my lover, while it might break you to hear this, I must declare that our re-kindled love is doomed. Our romance can be, and will only be, a short affair. We are destined to part again. This may make you lonely, but I'm sorry to say it must be. It warms my soul to wear you, to share with you another beautiful day, but I will outgrown you, or should I say "un-grow" you! There will come a time, sometime in the very near future, when I will need you no-longer. You will not be able to understand my shape, my needs.

You have always been a great support, but I will appreciate this time, for what it is, a short time. We will have our brief affair, have one more fling, but when I say goodbye this time, I will mean it! I will replace you with a younger smaller model, that is true, but you will always be my first love. This younger smaller model will never have the history that we have shared. It will never get to experience feeling me jump in the air shouting "whoop whoop". It will never be you, and I can happily say I can live with that.

Hello my lover.... and goodbye my lover, for the last time xx

No comments:

Post a Comment